How To Use:
Cleaning Polishing Pads
- Fully depress Grit Guard screen down inside the bucket and fill with water until the level is about ¼” above the screen surface.
- Add approximately three 16 oz. bottle capfuls (or one 1 gallon jug capful) of Chemical Guys Pad Cleaner into the bucket.
- Attach the soiled polishing pad to your machine polisher, insert into the Universal Pad Washer, then close the splash shield lid.
- Pump the pad into the cleaning solution to soak the buffing surface, then hold it inside the water and spin the machine on its lowest speed setting.
- Work the spinning pad in and out of the water for 20 seconds, or until all polish residues are flushed clean.
- Hold buffing pad outside of the water underneath the splash shield and spin the machine on its highest setting to fling out all soaked up water.
- Allow the spinning machine to fling out the water for about 20 seconds, or until the pad is just damp to the touch.
Servicing The Universal Pad Washer
- Clean out the Universal Pad Washer after every polishing job to avoid mold and mildew growth inside the standing water cleaning solution.
- Unscrew the splash shield lid and carefully pour out all the water and residue from the bucket.
- Take care to not lose any part of the spring mechanism base, pumps, springs, Grit Guard Screen, or the four orange rubber feet.
- Fully rinse out the bucket, pumping mechanism, and Grit Guard screen to remove any spent polishing abrasive and paintwork residues.
- For deep-cleaning service, disassemble the pumps and springs from the base and scrub any polish residue buildup with a part cleaning brush and suitable degreaser.
- Fully rinse out the bucket and all internal components, and allow to air dry to avoid mildew or mold growth.
- Store the Universal Pad Washer with the included Gamma Seal Lid sealed for long term storage to avoid dust and dirt infiltration.