Water Spots aren't just ugly, they are dangerous! Check out the visibility difference between the window section on the left to the section in this St Johns Ambulance from our friends at Trucks and Trailers. Prior to this they could not see through the window to the mirror. Now they have clear vision.
This kit was made for them to help St Johns Keep their glass and mirrors clean, and to make it easier to keep them clean.
This works on most surface water spots, but not on all. Some water spots may have etced into the surface in this case you will need to machine polish, see our our 1 step polishing kit in this case. but for most cases this kit will be sufficient.
You have options to add speed wipe to neutralise, and jetseal to protect and help prevent future water spots. Both of these we recommend but you can choose depending on what you already have and what you need, select the right boxed option for you above right.
Here is a shore demo video in action in Christchurch:
Clean with window cleaner, then use water spot remover to remove waterspots, neutralize with water, then protect with Jetseal.
How to use it:
- Work out of direct sunlight for best results.
- Clean area to remove any loose dirt, debris, or abrasive contamination:
- Spray Chemical Guys window cleaner onto one of the workhorse microfiber towels, these have tiny hooks on them to help grip and remove dirt and grime.
- You want to clean the window properly to you get maximum exposure to the water spots in the next step.
- Clean with the workhorse microfiber towel (have it quite wet). Clean the inside of the windows as well so you can see how you are going.
- A pro tip is to wipe in one direction on the inside e.g. left to right, and another direction on the outside e.g. up and down, so if you get a streak you can tell by the direction it's going in if it is on the inside or the outside.
- Wipe dry with the waffle weave towel as you go. the workhorse is best for cleaning, the waffle weave best for streak free drying.
- Work 3-5 dots of Heavy Duty Water Spot Remover over 2’ x 2’ area with the plush microfiber applicator pad.
- Wipe with Workhorse Microfiber Cloth.
- Re-clean the area with plenty of water using the spray bottle to neutralize the water spot gel.
- Repeat as necessary for bad water spots.
- Seal the area with Jetseal to help prevent future contamination and water spot etching and make it easier to remove water spots for up to 12 months. Apply jet seal with a new clean applicator, wait 20 minutes, then hand buff the excess off with a new clean workhorse microfiber Cloth.
This will remove surface water spots. If however water spots have etched into the glass polishing may be required.
This will do a few vehicles, how many depends on how much you use it, how bad the spots are, how large the vehicles are.
All items are also available individually, and in larger sizes.
Orders before 1pm usually ship same day. Freight is
normally overnight to the North Island, 2 Days South Island, longer for
Please check your delivery address is correct at checkout as your computer
may have saved an old address. If the courier needs to know something, please
add it to the notes box at checkout. A lot of our systems are automated so the
address and notes will flow through to the courier label.
Freight is flat rate $4.50 NZ wide, FREE on
orders over $70.
We normally use Courier Post, we find them very good.
Adding to orders: just placed an order and you realise you
forgot something? No problem - just order the extra items in a new order, pay
the freight, for now and as long as the first order hasn’t shipped we'll refund
you the freight - just reply to the extra order confirmation email with
"add to order and refund freight please" and we'll sort it out!
In these crazy times we and the couriers may have times of dela, but this doesn’t
happen often. We have good processes and
a great team who will try real hard as we know you want your order fast. If
there is an issue with a courier we will sort it, just let us know. We build
our business on happy customers coming back so we'll do all we can to help if
anything goes wrong. If a courier has
lost an order we normally resend it and then deal with the courier for you, you
don’t have time to deal with that.
We do not ship to PO Boxes, only physical addresses. We do not ship
internationally or to freight forwarders.